Marketo Implementation & Managed Support
Driving global growth with volume and scale
The business case
When preparing to launch a new product in a highly competitive space, Symantec wanted to drive volume on a global scale. Upon reviewing their existing marketing strategy, it became apparent that this would be a barrier as it relied too heavily on old techniques and syndicated media leads. Although having never commissioned external marketing support before, Symantec recognised that they had a limited timeframe to transition to a new way of working and knew that an automation platform and external partner would be central to achieving this.
The vendor decision
BluprintX worked with Symantec to assess current capability and requirements to make sure that the chosen tool was fit for purpose, specifically supporting complex nurture streams, and providing robust reporting.
Marketo was selected as the preferred marketing automation solution, with Symantec recognising that it would improve efficiency, scalability and provide agile reporting. In partnership with BluprintX it would also allow marketers within the business to excel in their roles, without worrying about the technical specifics.
The two main challenges for Symantec were the aggressive timeline for delivery and the complexity of campaigns – which would be rolled out at scale, and globally.
The solution needed to align with both stakeholders and technology, and given the company was operating in 12 different languages, this challenge was further compounded.
BluprintX undertook a rapid assessment of capabilities and developed a roadmap to align with Symantec’s target go-live date.
Symantec needed a platform implementation, business change management and outsourced support across all departments. In addition to this, they needed best practice marketing campaigns ready for roll-out across all departments and EMEA countries, which would allow individuals to supercharge their roles with a more strategic approach. They also sought an increased number of Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) from bought-in leads.
While BluprintX has a multilingual team that could support with the large quantity of languages in play, in order to reduce risk and bring the campaign live in a shorter time, a localisation and translation software partner was introduced to Symantec.
Understanding the business quickly and thoroughly was paramount to the success of the project, which put a major focus on ‘discovery’. All businesses have their specific requirements, but with the rapid turn-around required and need to go-live quickly, this part of the process was even more crucial for Symantec.
BluprintX brought in the right specialists to understand the requirements and design a solution which was in line with business requirements as well as the capabilities of the technology.
As a new product launch, system downtime was less of an issue. Instead, the priority was to delve into the detail by researching and defining optimal send times and developing targeted content messaging – ultimately aligning to the finer details of each campaign.
Symantec’s main objective was to achieve the implementation of effective campaigns at a high volume with automated personalisation and scale. This would be achieved by:
- Marketing automation platform implementation
- Improving and enriching the leads Symantec had bought in through progressive profiling
- Persona and content workshops to upskill individuals and effectively target Symantec’s ideal user personas with relevant content and asset creation
- Access to analytics reports, giving Symantec peace of mind that the project was progressing against crucial – and agreed – KPIs
- Get more leads flowing through the sales and marketing funnel with the launch of complex, dedicated marketing automation campaigns.
- Increase MQLs and SQLs
Key metrics included:
- 25% increase in capacity to focus on metrics and optimisations
- Increase in velocity of MQL to SQL/Lead to MQL
- 24 nurture programmes in 12 different languages
- Improving quality of insight to help qualify better leads – improving velocity of conversion from MQL to SQL
- Personalised message by country – tailoring to specifics
- Building an automated approach to 6-month nurture programmes
“BluprintX sacrificed nothing whilst working to a tight deadline.”
Louise Walsh, Symantec